Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Day 3

I wasn't even at school today, but one of my room moms still gave me a great present.  She took Kennedy to school for us today.  Since we had to be at The Surgery Center at 6:30, Christine offered to keep Kennedy this morning and take her to school.  When we got to her house, she even walked to our car with an umbrella to get Kennedy!  How blessed am I as a teacher! Kennedy and Katie had a great time.  Christine sent me a picture of them eating breakfast in bed, so this afternoon I naturally asked Kennedy what they ate for breakfast. She told me she didn't want to explain it.  When I talked to Christine I got the full scoop.  Cinnamon rolls were prepared, but Kennedy didn't want icing on hers.  Really, she isn't picky; she just doesn't know how I prepare things.  For instance, I never let her see me put butter on her corn or baked potato, just like I never let her see me put icing on her cinnamon rolls.  Well, then she saw Katie's icing and wanted some, but the roll had cooled, and the icing didn't melt.  Then Christine warmed it in the microwave, and it was too hot to eat. I'm surprised Kennedy didn't go into a blowing frenzy like she does at home.  Then Christine made her oatmeal, but Kennedy failed to tell her that she only likes baby, as in Gerber, oatmeal.  Yes, I know she's almost six! Christine made adult oatmeal, and Kennedy informed her that her food was yucky.  We have raised her to be honest, but polite, so I know she didn't want to tell me about this episode when I asked.  Well, we have had another talk about how to politely say things, and we also talked about how she has to tell people she only likes baby oatmeal.  This is the second occurrence of the oatmeal situation at a friend's house.  Thank you , Christine and Katie for taking care of our girl today!  She loved the bunk beds and now wants her own!  She also enjoyed decorating the Sponge Bob Band-Aid!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Kennedy! I enjoyed having her and can't wait to have her come and play again. I completly understand about the "yucky" food :) There is nothing like your own moms cooking! When I watched her fold her hands and pray over her breakfast melted my heart. What a wonderful daughter you are raising!

    ReplyDelete