Sunday, May 3, 2009

Swine Flu Pandemonium

Due to an outbreak (by which I mean a possible three cases) of the swine flue in our area, school was cancelled this past Thursday and Friday.  What a great rainy few days I had with Matt and the kids.  To recap, in a four day span I took the kids to the swingset (on our only dry day), cleaned the patio table and chairs, cooked quite a few meals (we even ate some of them on the patio), did some shopping, took Kennedy to a birthday party at Pump It Up, had many phone conversations about the possibility of making up these missed school days, fed Case more times than I care to count or think about though I loved every minute of it, played many rousing rounds of Guess That (insert category here, such as Animal, Super Hero, etc.) with Kennedy, hosted Kennedy's friend one night, listened to two little girls scream during a thunderstorm, let two little girls play Polly Pocket on the patio and later take a bath in the big tub, took Case and the two girls to the doctor's office and to Krystal's for lunch, listened to two little girls scream as I changed the nastiest diaper ever in the back of the 4Runner because Krystal's has no changing table (Hello!  Get with it, Krystal's!), bathed kids numerous times, cleaned the house ( I just wish to one day clean it without anyone in it, besides myself of course.), reminded Kennedy several times to conserve resources, went to church, bought groceries, put ear drops in Case's ears, changed many diapers, watched Made of Honor with Matt, listened to Case coo and babble constantly, prayed for many people (especially those who are grieving a loss right now), scheduled Case's surgery, washed and folded laundry, created this Blog, continued to set up my ten year class reunion and wrangled a few sitters for the kids that night, hid in the closet with the kids while there was a possible tornado in our area, took a dessert to a funeral, and did some school work.  Wow!  Are you sure I was off work those two days?  It doesn't seem like it.  Now the kids and the hubby are asleep, and I am still awake. Why am I awake?  I have chores, such as making sweet tea (Kennedy LOVES it) and milk for the baby, of course!    
Please, no more days out of school for the Swine Flu!  I just don't know if I can take many more of these off days!  Seriously though, I loved every minute of being with my family.  It was an early glimpse of summer break.  There are now only fifteen school days left, assuming we don't make up the two days we just missed for the Swine Flu that is.  I long for summer, but I will so miss my school kids!  I love those children.
This coming week is Teacher Appreciation Week, so I have to get Kennedy's and Case's teachers' gifts ready for each day.  Don't forget to tell a teacher how much you appreciate him or her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment