Sunday, May 31, 2009

Super Summer Saturday, Part 1

Due to the Swine Flu Pandemonium my school year was prolonged a few extra days, so yesterday was my first official day of summer.  It was very cool here, only about 70 degrees, so the kids played on the swingset (well Case swung while Kennedy played).  Kennedy also asked me about a hundred times if she could go swimming (she already went on Thursday).  She had trouble understanding that is was too cool to swim.

Seventy degrees yesterday?  That sure left in a hurry.  Today it had to be close to ninety.  I'm just guessing here.  Case and I got up at 7 sharp, of course. Kennedy arose around eight, and we pried Matt out of bed at nine.  By eleven, we were ready for a fun-filled day.  Case and I went shopping.   He got new Pedipeds, and then we got groceries that I hardly ever have time to cook.  While Case and I went shopping, Matt took his favorite little girl to the neighbor's house to let her swim!!!  She stayed in the pool a solid two hours, and I had to force her out when I got home.  When I got home, Kennedy had several new tricks to show me that her daddy had taught her.  They had a great time together!!!  After Kennedy went swimming, she played on her swingset some more and then helped Matt CLEAN MY 4RUNNER!!!  It was a great day for all of us, especially Runell (that's my vehicle)!

Kennedy then came inside to torture Case while he was in his walker.  He's been doing better in it.  He still follows me and tugs on my skirt, but he gives up on me long enough to open the one drawer that he has finally figured out how to open!  Look at how cute our babies are together.

After all of the fun, we got ready to go to church tonight!!!  Here are my three favorite Earthly people!  Aren't they handsome and beautiful?  Case is beginning to stand better (with assistance, of course, though he sometimes gets brave, lets go, and begins to fall before we catch him).  I love Kennedy's outfit. I got it at Wal-Mart.  I wish they would make those skirts for women too! Church was great.  Afterwards we went and ate with another couple (and two of their four kids), and then we got ice cream at Bruster's.  While at Bruster's a few teenagers used chalk to write an ugly word on the concrete, so I just had to mark it out!  I couldn't risk some young child reading such filth.  First grade teacher to the rescue again!

I can't wait until next Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment