Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Sweetest Girl

Kennedy is so sweet.  Since I shared Case pictures yesterday, I wanted to share some Kennedy, or Bug as we call her, pictures today, along with a little story.  This past summer, Kennedy and I went to Wal-Mart, which is an almost daily trip.  When I got out of the car, Kennedy said, "I want to stay in the car."  This was highly unlike her, so I said, "But it's really hot.  You could suffocate and die."  Kennedy responded, "Well, that would be okay, Mommy, because then I would get to be with Jesus."  How sweet/sad is that?  I was at a loss of words.  I couldn't argue with her.  Nor did I have the right to try to persuade her to feel differently.  Heaven is better. While we want our children here with us on Earth, Heaven holds so much more for them. Please do not get me wrong: I do not want to lose my babies.  I mourn for and pray for those mothers and fathers who have had to deal with this unnatural loss.  I can not even begin to conceptualize their pain.  A parent's love is unlike anything else.  I find it unbearable to even think about being without one of our children.  However, it does please me that Kennedy realizes there is a better life awaiting us one day, no matter how painful that was for my ears to hear her say.  My greatest desire is to be in Heaven with Matt and the kids one day.  The beauty that awaits us is unimaginable.  It is worth the wait and all of the worries and trials that we have to endure here!  By the way, Kennedy did decide to go into the store with me (like I would have left her in the car anyways).
Yesterday Kennedy and I went to Target and found her a cute pair of brown sandals.  They have a bunch of straps across the top of the foot.  Kennedy, on her own, started calling them her Jesus shoes.  Too cute!  
We are so proud to be raising Kennedy in a way that her daily conversations contain talk of Jesus and God.  This is just another way that we are about our Father's business!

Matt made Kennedy green to match Shrek!  Kennedy was almost 4 in this picture.

Mommy and Bug

Kennedy with Pawpaw Ray at her Pre-K graduation.  I can't believe she's now almost finished with kindergarten!

Kennedy and her Daddy on her fifth birthday.  Born on the Fourth of July!

Kennedy at her class Christmas party.

No comments:

Post a Comment