Saturday, May 2, 2009

Our Family: A Little History

Our Family Biography: We are Matt and April Clark.  We've been married for almost eight years.  Wow!  Has it been that long?  We've been together since I was in high school.  We made it through both of our college years, never breaking up even once!  We have definitely helped one another to grow and become someone God is pleased with.  We have a few unspoken marriage rules: never argue in front of the kids, never go to bed unhappy with one another, always say I love you way more than you need to, always support one another's decisions, be the best parents we can be, enjoy everyday, find humor in almost everything and laugh until it hurts, always be honest, and never fall out of love!  Matt and I have a special bond unlike most others.  We feel that God truly placed us together because He alone knew exactly what each of us needed in a spouse.  Matt is my rock, and I try to be his, though he is much better with oral words.  I prefer to put mine in writing.  I knew that Matt was the one for me because I didn't even want to imagine what life wold be like without him.  Plus, Matt has ALWAYS been able to make me laugh (which is not an easy feat).  
Our children are Kennedy and Case.  I am a first grade teacher, so I LOVE alliteration! Kennedy is five and a half, and Case is just about to be nine months old.  Our children are just precious...and high-maintenance!  They both love to be held, cuddled, and played with constantly.  We have trouble dealing with the fact that Kennedy is growing up.  Yeah, she's only five, but the first five years have zoomed by, so it's not too long before she's grown, right?  On one hand we tell her how she's our baby, but then when she does something we think she knew better than to do, we tell her she's too old to be doing that.  Confusing, huh?  I'm trying to work on my wording when disciplining.  Kennedy is a sensational little girl.  We are so proud of how she has adjusted to having a little brother.  She was, after all, an only child for five years.  She has really come to love being Sissy to Case, and he loves her too.  Case especially loves to visit Kennedy's room.  It must be the pink.  He hardly ever sees that color.  Case is so much fun.  He babbles constantly (especially during church) and has started laughing all of the time!  These two kiddos really keep us on our toes!  Speaking of toes, did I mention that Kennedy still walks tippy-toe most of the day and that Case loves to eat his toes?      
 


No comments:

Post a Comment