Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Why, Playhouse Disney, Why?

So, I took a children's TV character quiz on Facebook (and I had a perfect score). The quiz showed you a picture and you had to answer the question, all related to children's TV characters. Some of the shows were older; most were within the last five years. This got me reminiscing... and thinking...

Ever since Kennedy was a baby, we have been big fans of Playhouse Disney (PD), and a lot of the ?s on the quiz were about PD characters. PD used to have the BEST shows: JoJo's Circus (Kennedy was JoJo for Halloween when she was 2), Bear in the Big Blue House, PB & J Otter, Higglytown Heroes (my personal all time favorite), and Out of the Box, just to name a few.

These days, the only really good show on PD is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Charlie & Lola is okay. Thankfully, they did get rid of The Wiggles and The Doodlebops (sorry, Courtney). But they've replaced those two awful shows with more awful shows! Why do we need Imagination Movers? Sure, the song is catchy, and my family often hears me sing, "Me, my name is Rich, I go rat-a-tat-tat." Sidenote----I am SO sorry that they have to hear me sing that (or anything for that matter).----But do we really need these fellows to help us with our idea emergencies? I'm pretty sure that most of what they're tackling doesn't actually qualify as real emergencies for children (or any other sane person). True, Warehouse Mouse is cute, but Uncle Knit Knots (sp?) isn't! I have grown to like Handy Manny, but mostly only because when the theme song plays, my sweet boy gets a HUGE grin on his face. Why did PD think that Jungle Junction was a good idea? Please let me know if your child actually likes it. I'm trying to figure out who its one viewer is. Special Agent Oso is tolerable, but I fear that it's teaching our children that every problem has a three step solution. And I know it's educational, but The Little Einsteins just aren't for me. I will not even get started on Choo Choo Soul...

Please, PD, bring back Higtown!!!!! How cute would Case be as Kip?

No comments:

Post a Comment