Friday, October 9, 2009

Fall Break---Last Year

This time last year, Case was only ten weeks old, and I was on maternity leave. We decided we needed a little getaway, so we went to Atlanta. We stayed at the Hilton in Downtown, and the view was amazing. I lived in Atlanta until I was almost ten, so I always enjoy visiting. Matt, on the other hand, does not like the traffic.

While we were there, we did a lot of walking, sightseeing, and eating.

On our first day there, we walked from our hotel to the Atlanta Aquarium. I liked it okay; Matt and Kennedy were more into it. Case slept the whole time we were in there (must have been the dim lighting). My favorite area was the shark tank because you stood on a conveyor and looked up to see the sharks and other fish. I also liked the whales A LOT!


After the aquarium we went to the World of Coke, and I think we all liked it better than we liked the aquarium. There was so much to explore there, and you got to taste all sorts of free coke products (not that I even drink soda, except Sprite). Then Kennedy played across the street at Centennial Park. That was a wonderful day.

The next day we went to the American Girl store that is at a mall right outside of Atlanta. After going to the store, for Christmas last year, Kennedy just had to have an American Girl doll! She has never been too into dolls, but we splurged on this one, and we will probably NEVER do so again, because she just does not play with it too much!

While we were in Atlanta we ate at The Cheesecake Factory, which was definitely worth the money!!! We are almost willing to drive to Atlanta just to eat there and then drive straight back home! That was the best cheesecake I have ever had! The day we left we even went back by and each got another piece to go. We also ate at the ESPN Zone, but we were not too thrilled with it.

The most memorable part of the trip was Case crying almost the whole way there and back. Well, and also stopping at the Children’s Place outlet store!

I am so glad that we took that trip! It wasn’t a huge trip, but Kennedy has wonderful memories of it, and so do I. We are planning a big spring break trip this year, and we can’t wait to surprise our princess and prince with it! What is your favorite weekend getaway?


No comments:

Post a Comment