Friday, July 3, 2009

New Sleeping Arrangements

It's official--Case has been sleeping in his crib for over a week now!  This is our first step towards weaning him, since he will be a year old in a little over a month!  Can you believe that?A fellow co-worker threatened to stage an intervention for two of us teachers if we didn't get our kids out of our beds (in my defense, the other teacher's son is five years old).    Case has done so well with sleeping in his crib.  The first night he awoke around 2 am, I tried to soothe him (to no avail), and I put him back in his crib.  He cried for fifteen minutes, and then he slept the rest of the night!  The next night he cried for five minutes, and the next night he cried two little pitiful sobs.  Every night since (except last night) he has just gone right back to sleep.  Last night a loud sound woke him, and he cried for about twenty minutes.  I did try to soothe him, but he kept burrowing into my shoulder, so I laid him back down and turned on his seahorse light/music player.  When I checked on him later, he was completely turned and flipped from how I had left him.  Praise the Lord for helping us with this step.  I had really been praying about it for two weeks before I even tried to put him in his crib.  It is SO HARD to listen to your baby scream!!!

Case is finally rolling a lot, and he is trying to crawl.  He has learned to get into a sitting position, and he is cruising pretty good.  He has even taken a few stumble steps (though he prefers not to do so).  He may be walking by a year old after all.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment