Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 6th Birthday, Kennedy; Happy Fourth of July, America

I can hardly believe that my sweet little baby girl is now six!  I had a break down Friday night, as Matt and I laid Kennedy down to bed.  We ended up taking pictures to commemorate her last night of being five.  Then we let her get in the bed with us for the night, which she loved!!!  We had a Birthday Breakfast on the Fourth.  We invited our family over and enjoyed omelets, pancakes, sausage, fried potatoes, and strawberry pretzel salad.  In the afternoon we went to visit some friends (Kennedy's favorite friends--the Staplers).  That night we went to a friend's house for food, swimming for the kids, and the best fireworks display ever put on in OXR, AL!!!  Kennedy had a very special day, and due to all of the thunder that night, she ended up in the bed with us again.  Happy Birthday, Princess AngelBug!!!  

I knew from the moment I found out we were expecting our first baby, that the baby was going to be a girl.  Matt and I decided on the name Kennedy.  I had heard the name on a tv show (Blossom) long ago, and I think Matt had heard the name on that show too.  We just love her name!

Matt and I had been married for two years when Kennedy was born.  I remember how excited we were about the baby.  We would e-mail each other constantly from work, writing about the baby, what we needed to buy the baby, what the baby wanted to eat (via Mommy), etc.  

The morning we went to the hospital to have Kennedy we bought a large Oriental rug for our living room, which had hardwood flooring.  We just had to have something soft on the floor for her to lay on.  When we got to the hospital that evening, I was induced (induced two days past due date, with both kids), and labor progressed with only one major contraction before my friend the epidural arrived on the scene.  When I was about 3 cm dilated, Matt decided to hop in the shower.  Fifteen minutes later, the nurse told Matt that if he wanted to witness Kennedy's birth, he better get out of the bathroom right then!  I think I pushed like three sets of five seconds, and Kennedy was born!!!

To say that it was love at first sight would be an understatement.  This perfect little baby that they laid on my chest was the most beautiful being I had ever seen, a perfect combination of Matt and myself, wrapped up in eternal love. We couldn't take our eyes off of her.  We didn't want her to spend one second in the hospital nursery.  We couldn't believe how blessed we were!  I remember taking Kennedy home a few days later, and Matt and I just looked at her and wondered what to do with her next?!  We were responsible for this little miracle!  We had so much fun with our baby, but it sure did pass quickly! Sometimes life gets us so busy that we don't always take the time to enjoy the little miracles in our lives, but we have always enjoyed being Kennedy's parents.  She is the most fantastic, accepting, compassionate, brilliant, loving girl ever!

I don't know what the future holds for Kennedy, but I am sure that it is something marvelous.  When Kennedy asks me why she was born, I tell her that it is because God knew she would make the world a better place, and she already has!  I love spending everyday with my first (and second) shadow.  We have so much fun together.

Enjoy a stroll down memory lane.


Kennedy's Birth
The day that Kennedy was born the air conditioner went out on the Labor and Delivery floor for about four hours.  They brought in a box fan, but it sure was HOT!!!
Five years later, when Case was born (at the same hospital), there was no running water or air conditioning for about four hours!  At least it was night time, but still HOT!!!
What a coincidence!!!!


Kennedy's First Birthday


Kennedy's Second Birthday


Kennedy's Third Birthday


Kennedy's Fourth Birthday
Little did we know that this would be the last birthday that she would get to spend with Mawmaw.  We sure do miss her.


Kennedy's Fifth Birthday


Kennedy's Sixth Birthday
Now she has to learn to ride her new big girl bike!


Did you notice all of her red, white, and/or blue dresses?  I do that purposely!!! I think this year's dress was my favorite ever!!!


Happy Fourth of July, America!!!  
Aren't Kennedy and Case just too cute in their coordinating outfits?

No comments:

Post a Comment