Friday, July 31, 2009

Seriously?!?! You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!!!

My summer beak is over?  Where did it go?  It seems as though I just got out a few weeks ago, but I know it's been two months and a week.  Time flies when you're having fun--ya know, changing diapers and playing Barbies and all!  I can't believe I have to report back to work on Tuesday (though I will be in my classroom working on Monday since Case begins day care that day).  I have a lot to do!

I have been trying to pray for my sweet boy's transition.  Not only is he going to be away from Mommy all day (Case yelled at me all day today!), but he's also getting weaned over the course of the next few weeks.  I'm going to hopefully begin giving him a bottle a day of whole milk starting tomorrow.  I have enough frozen milk to carry him through the first week of daycare, then he'll be one and ready for whole milk all day.  If only he would drink form his sippy cup now (without one of us holding it, that is).  His poor daycare teachers!!!  Case is walking really well.  But about a week after taking his first steps, he finally learned to crawl.  No one gave him the memo about crawling before walking. :) He now prefers to crawl; I guess it feels safer?  I am going to miss my baby's smile, laugh, and constant climbing all over me!  At least I will have Kennedy at school with me to take my mind off of Case.  She is going into first grade!  We get our class rolls tomorrow afternoon, and our school sends out postcards to tell the students who their teacher is, so those will be sent out on Saturday. Kennedy has no idea who she is getting; I hope she is pleased!  We have such wonderful first grade teachers (especially that Mrs. Clark; she's outrageous :))! Since I start back to work next week, Kennedy gets to spend some fun days with friends while I work.  I have such wonderful friends who have offered to let her stay with them so that we don't have to pay a sitter!  YAY!!!  

Even though I have been doing some school work over the summer, I still have SO much to do, so I'll try to Blog here and there, but it will be sporadic until I get the year rolling!  I can't wait to see who lands in my class this year.  I have been praying that the Lord will place in my classroom the students who need me most!

No comments:

Post a Comment