Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sorry, Momma

Kennedy and I had a little conversation the other day, and it went something like this.

Kennedy: Momma, I want to tell you something, but I don’t want to hurt your feelings.

Me: You can tell me anything, Sweetheart. I’ll try to not get my feelings hurt.

Kennedy: Well, I saw someone on TV this morning, and she might, I said might, have been prettier than you.

Me: Oh, Sweetie. I think it’s wonderful that you think I am so pretty! You know you are the prettiest little ice princess ever.

Isn’t it nice to know that in our children’s eyes we are the most beautiful beings ever created, even without make-up, designer clothes, or immaculate hair?

Sidenote: Yes, folks, Grace herself started ice skating lessons this week. I will try to post pictures this weekend. I laughed so hard at the beginning of the lesson!

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! Isn't it amazingly precious that she didn't want to hurt your feelings! You are doing a wonderful job as a Mommy!!! Good luck with the ice skating! :)

    ReplyDelete