Sunday, August 30, 2009

What's Gray and Red and Soon to be Recycled?

It's not a can of Coke!!!

It's Matt's 1992 Dodge Dakota, aka Kody (We name ALL family vehicles.). Matt inherited Kody from his dad back around the time we got married. When we got married, I drove an '88 Toyota Camry, so the Dakota was the good vehicle. I even started driving it when I was expecting Kennedy, until we got the 4Runner (aka Runell) when Kennedy was just about a year old.

Over the last few years, Kody has seen some rough days. Matt and I decided we should probably take advantage of the Clunkers for Cash rebate, seeing as though we would NEVER get that much money towards a regular trade-in. Have you seen Kody? Please, allow me to share some of his features.

Do you see that nice dent at the tail? That's courtesy of moi! As far as the body goes, that is the only bang that I can think of. Now, the transmission, that's a different story!

Check out those seats! How do you like the white thread? How about the holes? You can't even see the best feature of the seats: the specks of lint that stick to your clothes after sitting!

This is the back of the seat. The headrests looked so bad that Matt took them off a few years ago!

The steering wheel had some sort of sticky substance on it. I had to drive Kody to work one day a few weeks ago, and I steered with my palms, not letting my fingers touch the wheel!
How do you like the wood panelling?

So, now you may be asking, what is Matt driving these days and how could a newer vehicle ever live up to Kody's standards? I will share pictures of his new ride later (it was raining today when I went to take pics), but here's the odometer when he picked it up from the dealership.

How do you like that?

I am so glad that my Hub has a nice, safe vehicle to drive. Case is now in the backseat, and I don't have to worry about Kody dying while they are headed up or down Monte Sano!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment