Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Happy List

I'm going to pretend like it hasn't been 5 months since my last post.  Just go with it...

Each night I lay Case down to bed, and we have a little routine.  He helps me sing 'On Top of Spaghetti' and 'He's Got the Whole World in His Hands.'  Of course we have to put real life people's names in both of those songs.  Then we say prayers and sing 2 rousing rounds of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.'  I've been trying to get Case to help me with his prayers.  I've been asking him for a few weeks what he is thankful for--to which I get no response.  So I then began asking him if he was thankful for this and that and he would respond yes to most things.  Well, it finally hit me the other night to ask him what makes him happy.  In his mind Case was thinking, "This lady finally speaks my language!"  He has no problem telling me what makes him happy.  Last night it was water, wind, gaga, and Mommy.  Tonight it was hugs (melt my heart), Ms. LarVette (his sweet teacher), and gaga.  I don't think he knows Lady Gaga, so if have any other ideas on that one please let me know.  For some reason gaga has always been his nonsense word???

Case's sweet little happy list made me feel bad for not being as simple minded.  I have so much to be thankful for, but sometimes I just mess up (like I did earlier this evening) and get ill because I feel stressed.  Here we are with all of our needs and most of our wants met, and I get upset because the dishes aren't the way I want them or because I have to spread the bed for the third time that day.  At least I was smart enough to hush up and go to my closet for a little chill prayer time.  As I prayed with Case tonight I thanked the Lord for watching over my family each day and returning us all home safely together.  Home--there's no Earthly place I'd rather be.




3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, inspirational REMINDER to all of us!!! God is good - all the time. We are blessed - all the time. So thankful He bears with us in our human moments and gently leads us back to our spiritual, thankful roots!!! Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your post! I always need to be reminded about what's REALLY important!

    ReplyDelete