Monday, November 9, 2009

Two Mrs. Clarks?

This story has cracked me (and several others) up since Friday afternoon. I just have to share it.

I have been reading to me class the first Magic Tree House book: Dinosaurs Before Dark. Well, the story got to a point where information was given about a triceratops. In the book it said the triceratops was a plant eating dinosaur who weighed about 12,000 pounds. Now, in an effort to completely enlighten my students so that they will be the brightest kids around, I always give them a scale reference to go by. I was thinking of how many first graders it would take to equal 12,000 pounds.....still thinking....got it! So I say, "That would be about...(pause to make sure I have the right number in mind)....

Before I could get the number out of my mouth, sweet Cameron, with his big blue eyes helps me by saying, "Two Mrs. Clarks?"

I cracked up. He was so sweet and sincere about it!

With that being said, I bought a workout video that I am going to HOPEFULLY begin tonight. I asked Matt if he thougth I really had 50 minutes to devote to the video four or so times a week, and Matt replied, "Do you really think you can do it for 50 minutes?" I tell you what, all of these gentlemen in my life sure know how to woo me!

No comments:

Post a Comment