Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving 2009

We have so much to be thankful for! Our lives are blessed beyond measure. We may not have as much money as others, but we have so much more.

I am most thankful for Matt’s and my relationship with God. He has brought us so much closer. God is our rock, and Matt and I are twain (as we like to say J ), so we always have God and one another to lean on. I am thankful that God found us. We weren’t even looking for Him, but He was looking right at us. God brought us to the place that He wanted us to be at so that our lives could unfold and be enriched and blessed beyond measure. Matt and I do not think it is coincidence that we found our beautiful wooded acre of land in Big Cove, only to call about it, be told that it had already been sold, and then be called back a week later to be told that the land was again available. Indeed, God was working behind the scenes, and He knew just where we needed to be.

I am thankful for Matt. For twelve years he has been my best friend (besides God, of course). Matt has seen me through some rough times, and we have made it through some rough patches, and I am glad to say that though we are not perfect, our love for one another is! With God by our side, we know that we can make it through any trial. Matt has helped me to be a better person. I know that he was chosen by God for me. That story deserves a post of its own…

I am thankful for my beautiful, perfect girl. Kennedy has been and remains my light on dark days. She loves me despite my faults and forgives my mistakes so easily. I wish that I could give her the world, but she already has it because she puts God first and loves Him so much. I have learned more from that little girl than I could ever teach her.

I am thankful for my sweet, huggable boy. Case is just the most daring little thing, and all of his harrowing antics terrify, yet amuse me. He is Kennedy’s polar opposite, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love that he brings me Lucky the Wonder Dog and pulls on my leg to let me know that he wants to be held. He is the baby, and we have spoiled him rotten (just like we did his sister).

Case enjoys reading books, or at least abusing them.

I am thankful for my blood family and my church family. Over the past few months, it seems as though my relationship with my parents has improved, and that is wonderful! I love them all toujours! Our church family has been so good to us. I am blessed to know them. I have been missing Bother James Earl so much over the past few weeks, and I know that his family is missing him today too. But he is at rest with his sweet Lucille, and I know he couldn’t be happier.

The Night I Learned to Make Dressing
(with Matt's parents)

I am thankful that Matt and I have not only good jobs, but jobs that we LOVE. Going to work is so much easier when you actually enjoy it. I have such a sweet little class of 23 (not so little, huh?), and their parents treat me like royalty. They are probably tired of all of the little projects I send them, but they keep asking for more, and I don’t want to let them down.

I am thankful that our babies have such wonderful teachers!

I am thankful that I learned to make dressing the other night and that I get to go shopping tomorrow at 3 am sans kids. J I am thankful that my sister Lark and my cousin Whitney better be meeting me at my house to hit Best Buy! Speaking of Whitney, I am so thankful that she is staying with my parents right now. Please say a prayer that God will truly bless her life.

I am eternally thankful that Jesus came to Earth, walked in our shoes, and died for our sins. I am thankful that we are free to celebrate his life and mourn his death. That brings us to Christmas, my most favorite time of the year (though it takes place during my least favorite season; this eczema on my hands is just horrible and painful in the winter). I LOVE all of the Christmas festivities, and we have already begun watching our Christmas movies!

Bridge Street Tree Lighting

We hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment