Monday, August 30, 2010

Markers

Case is ObseSsEd with markers! He carries them everywhere and asks for them often. He uses markers to dig, point, practice saying color words, drum, roll, stack, sword fight, and other various activities! BUT, he never uses them for their intended purpose. I'm not even sure he knows their intended purpose. In fact, on the RARE occasion that he accidentally opens a marker (maybe twice a month), be immediately brings it to me to 'fix.' Well, a few weeks ago, two little girls at church wanted to play with Case's markers. It was so funny how quickly their mommas looked at me, with horrified faces and said, "No, she can't have that. She'll write all over herself." Girls! They always want to look pretty, but my boy just wants a tool. ha! Well, don't worry, Stephanie and Kasey, we have switched all of Case's markers out for Color Wonder markers. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Funny...as soon as I read it - I knew it was Stephanie - before I ever saw her name! lol. She needs a good ole down to earth roll in the mud BOY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marty - if you could see the utter destruction little Miss Ellie Kate can do with some markers you would SO understand!!! The last time I let her play with them it took an hour in the bathtub to get it all off!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But what if she didn't WANT her "designs" washed off Steph???? (Guess who I got that argument from???)

    ReplyDelete